AirMaid Reduce Restaurant Fires

Restaurant fires are not uncommon, and grease within the kitchen ducts is often the cause for such fires spreading rapidly. We recently compared two grease duct fires in Finland from 2013. The restaurants involved both served fast-food type menus, mainly hamburgers, kebab and pizza. There were no open-flame cooking appliances in use.

The results of the fires were greatly different: The restaurant with AirMaid installed needed only limited repairs due to the fire extinguishing effort, and was able to reopen after just 5 days. The second restaurant, however, remained closed for six weeks. Read more